You have passed your driving test and can now drive by yourself. This is an exciting time – driving gives you freedom and independence.
Newly qualified drivers are more likely to have accidents, simply because they are less experienced. 20% per cent of new drivers will be involved in an accident during their first two years behind the wheel, that’s why the insurance premiums are so high.
Did you know that as a Newly Qualified Driver, in the first 2 years:
- If you get six points on your Driving Licence, for speeding, going through a red light etc, you will have your Driving Licence taken away from you. You will then be back to square one, and will have to reapply for a Provisional Licence and retake all your tests in order to get back on the road.
- You are more likely to have a crash (statistics show that new Drivers are more likely to have an accident within the first two years of passing their test than at any other time in their driving career).
- You are more likely to be quoted sky high premiums for your Car Insurance.
All this because of your lack of driving experience…
Your initial driver training should provide you with a varied range of road and traffic conditions. However, this training often takes place within a familiar area, as there are time constraints and lesson objectives to consider. Pass Plus provides the opportunity to drive out of your local area, extending your driving experience safely
Build on your existing skills and knowledge
You already know how to drive so your Pass Plus sessions will be different to a driving lesson. You will develop your confidence and ability to deal with unfamiliar road and traffic conditions under the guidance of an experienced professional.
Reduce your risk of being in a collision
Awareness, anticipation and planning are key skills in recognising and dealing with hazards safely. These skills develop over time, but often not soon enough to prevent inexperienced drivers having a collision. The Pass Plus course is designed to help you develop these key skills quickly to keep you safer.
Save money on your insurance premiums
Many insurance companies offer discounts to new drivers who have completed the Pass Plus course, so it is worth shopping around for the best deals. Although the discount is only offered on the first year‘s insurance, if you stay claim free, you will begin to build your no claims bonus, leading to lower premiums year on year.
Pass Plus makes sense financially and could save your life
The Pass Plus Course
Designed by the Driving Standards Agency, Pass Plus aims to develop a positive approach to driving through two key factors – your attitude and your skills.
The course is organised into 6 modules
- Introduction and town driving
- All weather driving
- Out of town driving and rural roads
- Night driving
- Dual Carriageways
You have to complete all modules and undertake at least 6 hours of training. The amount of time spent on each module will vary according to individual needs. You will not have to take another test – your instructor will continually assess your driving. To gain your certificate your driving needs to demonstrate you have achieved or exceeded the required skills and knowledge in each module.
Progress with Pass Plus
When you sign up for the Pass Plus driving course, you will receive a Progress Record Card. This record will be completed as we work through each of the six modules, so you know exactly how you are progressing.
By the time you have finished ‘Pass Plus’ you will feel even more at ease with driving:
- In town
- In all weather
- Out of town and on rural roads
- At night
- On Dual Carriageways
- On Motorways
Pass Plus Benefits for new drivers
Doing the Pass Plus Driving Course will:
- Enable you to gain quality driving experience safely
- Help you become a more skillful driver
- Teach you how to develop a positive driving style which is both enjoyable and safe
- Reduce your risk of being involved in a road crash
- Save you money on your car insurance premiums
Pass Plus – You know it makes sense…